So, I was supposed to go all wild and crazy tonight and go to some swanky club and wear a slutty dress and dance around a pile of my heels and hand bag with a few other hussies I barely know, but it's 9:45pm and I still haven't heard from anyone, so instead, I'm sitting at home with a mask on my face chugging cold water (it's 80 degrees in my apartment!) while watching Austin City Limits on PBS. Ironically, the one night I'm home, ACL is playing the episode from 2005 with Amos Lee. Amos is on my prior label Blue Note and actually one of my faves on the label. I spent many years being annoyed with the constant repetition of his albums coming out of a particular co-workers office, but now, being away from it a few months, I kinda miss it. I forgot what a great songwriter he really is. And beyond that, his voice really is killer. His pseudo hippie, whoa-is-me personality tied in with his womanizing ways sometimes bothered me as well, but honestly, music is music and this kid just sits comfortably in my ears either way. Here is some footage of my favorite songs from him:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment