Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gowanus


Ahhh, I'm back. It's been 2+ years and I think it's time for me to re-enter the world of expression, or else my friends will start to congregate in cloaks armed with a white jacket. So here it goes...

Bbbbback in NYC and even though it's still the best city on earth, I find myself, once again, at a crappy job. Never mind what I do, the office alone is worthy of an essay on hygiene and how NOT to manage a "business." Tucked away under the Gowanus bridge on the corner of Hells Angels Ave and Bloody Murder Place, I sit slightly comfortably at my cushy leather chair that emits the only class this places possesses in a 10 mile radius. Once you leave the 10 miles, you can log on to our blog and see that some people are actually having fun.


When the building isn't shaking (every 20 mins) due to consistent road work that covers the entire circumference of our address, we get to look forward to things like rat shit trickled on top of our desks with occasional urine, random days of the thermostat breaking making the winters feel like working inside of an igloo and the summers inside of an illegal sweat lodge, and an hour commute from anywhere in NYC to this decrepit excuse of a work place.

I realize exposing the company's hidden negatives might put me in a compromising position, but dammit, I want out! Even the thought of making the daily trek out here, even after hearing directly from the boss's mouth that my time is limited here, is enough to give morning sickness. Yep, I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant with a life change.

I promise I will turn this frown upside down, but until then, I'm using this space to bitch out it.

Glad you don't care!

No comments: