
Saturday night, my friend Lauren and I attempted to go this new restaurant in my neighborhood that's mirrored to be like Otto in NYC, which happens to be one of my faves. Reason for this? CHEESE! Not just cheese, but honey with truffle oil, balsamic reduced bing cherries and orange marmalade as condiments! So, we went at 8 and they said "the wait will be.... forever!" So, we ditched Vue and went two doors down to a restaurant that's listed as one of the 10 best in SF, RNM.
We wait all of 30 secs, sat at the bar and had a delightful 3 hour meal topped off with flirtatious alcohol induced conversation with a very charming bartendar. By the time the bill came at 12am, I was certain we had at least spend $100, but somehow it came out to $56!!! Was I that drunk? No. It's simple. We shared a salad and a main dish, the Lamp chop, and became friends with the bartender who was also serving us food. We made small talk with the others around us and apparently made such an impression on the bartender, that he charged us one drink! ONE! Collectively, I think we had 9 or 10! So, new rule. Lauren and I will be trying a new restaurant every weekend that we hear is expensive and rated highly, will sit at the bar and befriend whomever is serving us. Cleavage, lipstick and mood lighting doesn't hurt either. Try it in your town and tell me if it works!
1 comment:
Smart cookie, ain't ya? ;)
Post a Comment